SOLVED
Home

Coloring rows in Excel based on how many criteria are met

rhuen
Occasional Contributor

I have just gotten into working with the developer tab of Excel, and I need some help. I am trying to find an easier way to color rows on a sheet based on the number of criteria that is met. I could technically do this with Conditional Formatting. I actually started to do it before deciding how ridiculous it would be:

ALL

=AND(OR($D2>55, $G2<=1979),$E2="Male",OR($F2="Single",$F2="Widowed"),$L2>5,$M2>100)

MISSING ONE

=OR(AND(OR($D2>55, $G2<=1979),$E2="Male",OR($F2="Single",$F2="Widowed"),$L2>5), AND(OR($D2>55, $G2<=1979),$E2="Male",OR($F2="Single",$F2="Widowed"),$M2>100), AND(OR($D2>55, $G2<=1979),$E2="Male",$L2>5,$M2>100), AND(OR($D2>55, $G2<=1979), OR($F2="Single",$F2="Widowed"),$L2>5,$M2>100), AND($E2="Male",OR($F2="Single",$F2="Widowed"),$L2>5,$M2>100))

Don't bother looking into that too much. I'll explain the criteria: The perfect constituent is older than 55 OR graduated before 1979, is male, is widowed OR single, has five gifts or more, and has given $100 or more. If they meet the maximum of five of these, the row is highlighted orange. If they meet four, it's blue And so on~

I will attach an example workbook of what the final product should look like and a plain worksheet I am trying to apply it to. Please ask questions if you have any. Thank you in advance!

2 Replies
Solution

Hi, 

that could be like

=((OR(INDIRECT("Table1[@AGE]")>55,INDIRECT("Table1[@CLASS]")<1979))+(INDIRECT("Table1[@GENDER]")="Male")+(OR(INDIRECT("Table1[@STATUS]")="Widowed",INDIRECT("Table1[@STATUS]")="Single"))+(INDIRECT("Table1[@['# OF GIFTS]]")>=5)+(INDIRECT("Table1[@[TOTAL GIFT AMOUNT]]")>=100))=5

for first rule, etc

Perfect, thank you!

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
16 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
cntvertex in Discussions on
11 Replies