Clipboard isn't working properly but you can continue to cut and paste"

Copper Contributor

OK - i'm really unhappy.

I'm using Office365 for Business - latest iteration.

Windows 10 - latest update

Opened a simple spreadsheet using OneDrive that is saved on my SharePoint server - maybe a 100 cell list of names.

I added and edited additional information over a 75 minute period - nothing fancy - that included adding two additional sheets. 

I used the following functions:  Concatenate, change row into columns feature, Filter - aplha, includes/excludes txt, copy, paste (some between sheets), delete.  No rocket science taking place just vanilla.  

I received the famous error (sic) "Clipboard isn't working properly but you can continue to cut and paste" - I cleared the error message and all my data was gone.  The only data remaining was the  original saved document.

I know what you are thinking: 

Yes Autosave was on -

Yes I checked Recover Unsaved Workbooks -

Yes I closed the file and reopened.

Yes I opened it directly on Sharepoint

My work is gone!!   

1 Reply
Similar problem. I was receiving the same error message every time I did a copy & paste. Had the latest Office & Win10 updates, too. Eventually did a complete reinstall of Office(MS)365. Still get the error message but now it only occurs once with the first copy attempt. After that the message does not appear again and copy & paste works normally. Haven't been able to find anyone with a solution for this behavior. Don't remember this happening in the older versions of Office 365. I may be associated with the upgrades that added the new data type "STOCKS".