SOLVED

Click to go to another cell / page

Copper Contributor

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how this works:

I have a question on page 1 in cel A1 and I want whenever I click on that cell to go to another page or cell where the question is explained. Is this possible?

Greetings,

Jules

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Jules Bakx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Jules,

You can insert a hyperlink for each quesion to point it to a specific cell reference in the same sheet or in another sheet.

To do that, select the question then press Ctrl+K to open Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

Then select Place in This Document, specify the sheet, type the cell reference, and then hit OK.

Insert Hyperlink.png

Hope that helps

Haytham

sorry to intrude, I tried your hyperlinks, it's nice.. after seeing the answer say in other sheet - how to return back to the questionaire when we press the cell with the answer...
thanks

oh, I think I got it -- just do the same procedure.
thanks

Thanx Haytham for your response. It is exactly what I meant. Thanks a lot!

@Haytham Amairah

Haytham,

I am having problems using Hyperlinks to Cells within the same Excel Sheet, but the only similar thread I could find was this one that you previously responded to.

Is there any way you can use Absolute Cell Referencing (ie $G$1) in the Hyperlink?

In your example, Relative Cell Referencing (G1) is used, and that is all I have been able to do in a Spreadsheet I am trying to work on. However, if in your simple example, you then insert another Column or Row (Left of G, or above 1), the Hyperlink will point to the wrong Cell (as it does not automatically update).

I hope that you can understand what I am trying to say, and that you are still around to help.

If not, could anyone else help?

Thanks in advance,

Craig H

@CraigHealdpoint 

Enclose the link_location argument of HYPERLINK with double quotes, like this: 

=HYPERLINK("#'Destination Sheet'!G1","LinkName")

Hi @CraigHealdpoint,

The problem with hyperlinks in Excel is that they are related to the location, not the content!

But there is a workaround as follows:

• Select cell G1
  • Go to the Name Box in the left-hand corner of the sheet
  • Give it a defined name
  • Go to Insert Hyperlink
  • Point the hyperlink to the defined name instead of the cell address
  • Click OK
  • Do the same thing with the cell G2

Point the hyperlink to the defined name instead of the cell address.png

Hope that helps

Regards,

Haytham

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jules Bakx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Jules,

You can insert a hyperlink for each quesion to point it to a specific cell reference in the same sheet or in another sheet.

To do that, select the question then press Ctrl+K to open Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

Then select Place in This Document, specify the sheet, type the cell reference, and then hit OK.

Insert Hyperlink.png

Hope that helps

Haytham

View solution in original post