Cleaning the pivot table fields list in the data model

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys 

as per the attached screenshot, I would appreciate your support to advise how to delete the yellow-colored duplicated Queries in excel 2013

Thank you

6 Replies

@Ali_Saad_Rashed 

It depends on how did you add these tables to data model. If by Power Query you may delete these extra queries. Or you may open Power Pivot (shall be available for 2013 depends on Excel version) and hide or delete these tables.

@Sergei Baklan 

thanks for your reply

I have created them through Power Query

how to delete the extra queries?

as per the attached file, I can not find them in the current queries list.

@Ali_Saad_Rashed 

As variant you created Pivot Table based on source table, and query same source table, in both cases with adding data to data model. When it'll be two tables in data model with similar names, but they could be different since with Power Query you could make some transformation of the data. Is that like so?

@Sergei Baklan 

I agree, how to fix it now?

@Ali_Saad_Rashed 

When you need to decide which of the tables you need in data model, since even with similar names content could be different. If remove one created by Power Query - right click on the query in right pane, Load To, and unselect Add data to data model. It will refresh the query.

If one created by PivotTable on source table, when perhaps to rebuild this PivotTable.

@Sergei Baklan 

regretfully, I tried to rebuild the pivot table and no use...

appreciate you patience