Chart Date Range on Axis

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have been given this document (attached to this post) - I didn't create it but have been asked to work with it. In the chart from Row 2 to Row 26, shows projects as bars to indicate their duration. They have a start date, populated from the Begin column on Worksheet 2. The project duration comes from the Duration column on Worksheet 2.

However, I can't work out how to get the dates on the Axis of the chart to change. Currently, the dates on the chart are dates in 2016. My projects started in 2018 at the earliest, so they don't even appear on the chart. When I put 2016 dates in the Begin column, those projects appear on the chart. 

I want the date range shown on the chart to reflect the dates in the Calendar column on Worksheet 2. How can I do this? 

3 Replies

@seidkat ,

If you try to format X axis you'll see what min and max ranges are defined for it.

image.png

You may reset them or define another bounds

image.png

@Sergei Baklan thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure what to change the numbers to as they are numbers and not dates, but I just tried random numbers until the date range looked right. Thank you! 

@seidkat , in Excel dates are integer numbers starting from 1 which is 01 Jan, 1900. Another story you have the possibility to format such numbers as dates and work with them as with dates.

If you type any date inti the cell and after that apply General format to that cell you'll see the equivalent nubmer.

image.png