SOLVED

Calorie Amortization Excel Template Issue

Copper Contributor

Today I came across the "Calorie Amortization" template on Excel. I started off by changing the preset information so it would fit me. I slightly altered some values from my real ones in the picture but that shouldnt change anything. The picture below shows this:Desk.png

So my issue comes with the weight column... It is supposed to represent my theoretical weight day by day and in this case it is supposed to go up rather than down. The formula for the weight column is: =IFERROR(IF(Maintain,"",Weight), "")

Could someone explain why this is happening and how I could fix it? Its not life threatening but it also ruins the spreadsheet. Anyway, thank you and have a nice day :)

EDIT: I also realised BMR goes down. BMR is calculated using the equation: (height in cm * x value) + (weight in kg * y value) - (age * z value). X,Y and Z values are not important, I am just noting that if weight goes down (as it does in the picture), BMR will also go down.

3 Replies
can u upload the template, so that we can have a look at what is wrong?

I uploaded the file with the template. I hope this is what you meant.

best response confirmed by Raffaele Fusini (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the culprit formula which is in E12 

formula in E12  is =IFERROR(IF($D12<>"",E11-(I11/CalsPerPound),""),"")   which reduces the extra calories regardless if the cell I10 is CAL Decrease or EXTRA CAL

the formula in E12 down the column should be dynamic to check the value in Cell I10 and if it is CAL DECREASE it should reduce andif it is EXTRA CAL then it should increase 

so put this formula in cell E12 and copy down.

or simply find attached workbook.

=IFERROR(IF($D12<>"",IF($I$10="CAL DEFICIT",E11-(I11/CalsPerPound),IF($I$10="EXTRA CAL",E11+(I11/CalsPerPound))),""),"")

it should work by then.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Raffaele Fusini (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the culprit formula which is in E12 

formula in E12  is =IFERROR(IF($D12<>"",E11-(I11/CalsPerPound),""),"")   which reduces the extra calories regardless if the cell I10 is CAL Decrease or EXTRA CAL

the formula in E12 down the column should be dynamic to check the value in Cell I10 and if it is CAL DECREASE it should reduce andif it is EXTRA CAL then it should increase 

so put this formula in cell E12 and copy down.

or simply find attached workbook.

=IFERROR(IF($D12<>"",IF($I$10="CAL DEFICIT",E11-(I11/CalsPerPound),IF($I$10="EXTRA CAL",E11+(I11/CalsPerPound))),""),"")

it should work by then.

View solution in original post