CALENDARAUTO

Copper Contributor

Hello, how can I use CALENDARAUTO in the Excel Power Pivot window to generate a date table.

7 Replies

Hello,

You don't need to use Calendarauto. In the PowerPivot window, click the Design ribbon and then Date Table > New.  That will create a date table from the first year to the last year of the data in your model. 

Thanks Ingeborg, I am preparing for 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel, and CALENDAR AND CALENDARAUTO are part of the Excel Power Pivot Help. I was just trying to confirm, if this is possible and I have been using the Design ribbon Date Table > New command. I will now assume you can only use this in Power BI and maybe other applications that use DAX (e.g. SQL).
Thanks.

AFAIK, PowerPivot for Excel does not allow creating a new table the way that Power BI does. The CalendarAuto formula is still available in DAX for PowerPivot, because it returns a table of values. That resulting table can be used nested in other DAX formulas to create calculations and measures.

Thank for the clarification

pls I don't know why my Date Table is only giving me default option in the Power Pivot. any help pls?
please tell me how I can make a protected view to non protected view work file.
Please tell me when I make copy and paste from one sheet to other sheet.
My execl says protected view can not copy fuvction only the value can copy pasted. How can I make copy and pasted all function format and values?