- last edited on
Windows 10 fr, Excel 2016 fr.
Any location is "not found", whether it's towns, countries, postal codes etc. Has anyone the same problem ?
Thanks in advance.
02-19-2017 01:21 PM
Can you post how you identify locations? Also, how do you connect your Excel data to Bing maps?
Do you get any errors?
02-20-2017 02:21 AM
02-20-2017 02:23 AM
02-20-2017 05:51 AM
Daniel, from my point of view that's buggy and ugly add-in. And not supported by Microsoft, at least no updates from mid of 2014.
However, since have it still installed, i tried - and it works. After the error i just pushed Show Locations button.
If don't use 3D maps and Power View, the alternative could be recently introduced Maps Chart, however it's on preview stage and require O365 subscription.
02-20-2017 06:19 AM
Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, pressing the "Show Locations button" just signals that "Les données sont vides" (meaning : empty data). The two others columns of data are correctly read
Maybe it has something to do with local versions.
02-20-2017 06:51 AM
When bit more details how i did that
1) Stay on the cell in the middle of empty sheet and press Insert->Bing Maps
2) Maps appears with suggestion to Insert Sample Data
3) Press on it - the table with sample data is generated starting from the cell on which you stay. Locations are shown on the map
4) Select first three locations in this table, again Insert Bing Map, ignore Insert Sample Data, press Show Locations - it works
5) If you stay on empty cell(s) (i.e. not selected proper locations) and press Show Locations it gives error like you have
02-20-2017 07:24 AM
Thanks Sergei, but no, the data range is correctedly selected. The columns Revenue ans Expenses are correctly read and are displayed on the chart legend. Moreover, the problem was reported by another user. Told me it still worked last week.
(by the way, I inadvertely mark my previous answer as "best response". Do you know if it's possible to undo it ?)
02-20-2017 07:54 AM
Sorry... Nope, i have no idea how to remove. Try to press ones more or ask one of moderators to remove.
05-21-2018 07:30 AM
Not working for me either.
I have a Hungarian Excel. It says invalid locations ("Érvénytelen helyek"), and the cities are listed from the first column.
01-13-2019 10:50 AM
There is a way to map city data in Excel and after playing around with this for hours I figured it out, wrote it up and created a video
I hope this helps... I would have saved me a pile of frustration.