Automatically changing cells styles based on other cell styles

Copper Contributor

I'm creating an excel, file to track the vacation periods of clients. The first 3 columns are Postcode, City and Client, and then I have 52 columns for the weeks of the year, from D to BC. Each week per row will be marked with the styles of either Bad (red cell, denoting vacation) Good (green cell, denoting no vacation) or Neutral (yellow cell, denoting part closure during that week).
I am wondering if I can set the first 3 columns to automatically change style and colour to either Bad, Good or Neutral when I select a certain week column (D to BC), so it is easier to see immediately which clients are closed.

For example, I would need cells A4, B4 and C4 to auto change styles to match AC4 for wk 26, and then AD4 for wk 27, but also A5, B5 and C5  to match AC5 and AD5 up to maybe A200 B200 and C200 matching AC200 and AD200. I hope I've explained what I am trying to achieve, but I'm fairly new to excel and have no idea if this is even possible, never mind what I would need to google to find out how to do it myself. All help greatly appreciated.

0 Replies