Auto Populate column list based on date range from master sheet

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've attached workbook 

I am working for a local fencing company. The owner has never used a cellphone and doesn't have a computer. I am updating excel sheets made by old estimators to increase efficiency and reduce reporting errors. 

What I have is a workbook with 3 main sections 

Workbook 1: 

Sheet #1. Job Log Sheet - This sheet is used to record and track new clients - this sheet has a table with the headers:

Bid IDJOB #Call DateJOBSITE NAMEBid DateBid Amt. $$ContrRec DateContr Rec Amt

Sheets #2-13. -  Sheets for each month of the fiscal year - I am hoping to auto populate these sheets from the first sheet as much as possible. Table Headers:

Bid IDCall DateLnameFnameCo. NameCityProj. Type (Inst/Rep'r/Mod)Mat'ls. (CL/WD/WDWR/OI/VAppt. DateBid DatePre- LienPrevailing WageBid Amt. $$F/U1 DateContr DateContr Rec AmtContrRec DateWork Order DatePre Lien DateNotes

The trouble: I would like to search Sheet #1 "Job Log Sheet" by month and populate the corresponding fields on sheets 2-13. The jobs have been getting scattered and the sales reports have been off. I can figure out how to populate the rest of the columns but I can not for the life of me get the first column going. 

I want to be able to Type in the "bid id" and the "call date" on sheet #1 "Job Log" and have that auto fill he corresponding information in the monthly worksheets #2-13 based on which month the data falls into. 

Sheet #14. - This sheet tally's the sales total by month from the other sheets and is used to create a combined sales report from all estimators

Please and thank you to anyone who can get me on the right track here. 

Bryan

1 Reply

Can't you add the information which is on the monthly sheets to the main table as additional columns? Spreading things out across more sheets usually makes it harder to report rather than easier.