Attendance Tracking

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm making an attendance tracker for my employees. I am making a separate worksheet for each month, but each will have the same format. I will be tracking absences, late, excused, etc and totaling each. I would also like to be able to track six months worth of attendance on each month's worksheet. I have the tables for the actual tracking, as well as the table for the six month tally. My question is, I would like to have an 'Associates' worksheet where I can put the associate's name, date of hire, and job title and I would like to pull this information onto each month's attendance tracker. For example, I would like to just add a new associate into the associate worksheet and have it update the associates on the monthly trackers automatically. I would also like to make sure if I filter on the associate page that it will adjust accordingly on the monthly trackers. (This is the part that I am currently struggling with, it is not maintaining the rows of data when I filter on the Associates worksheet).  Thank you in advance for your input, I'm stumped!

1 Reply
I would suggest to put all data in *one* worksheet, with columns for date, employee, reason of absence, duration, ... that kind of information. After that it'll be easy enough to create a summary page (using a pivot table) which you can filter for whatever you need.