Any Help Is Appreciated

Copper Contributor

Guys,

Any help is appreciated, I don't deal with excel much, only on a very basic level. To most on here I'm sure this is very simple though this simpleton is lost.

On my "Condenser Selection" sheet, the result "Blue" to then be matched to the appropriate product selection (also in "Blue" in the "Daikin Data" sheet. Then have all the products data populate automatically in the "Condenser Selection" sheet in "Red".

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Stephen

5 Replies

Hi Stephen,

you can use a combination of the INDEX funciton with a negative approximate MATCH. For example, your formula in G6 would be '=INDEX('Daikin Data'!B$2:B$7,MATCH($F6,'Daikin Data'!$C$2:$C$7,-1))'. For the formula to work the data in the 'Daikin Data' sheet must be sorted by 'Cooling (kw)' column in a descending order.

Please find attached the file with a solution

Regards

Yury

Yury,

You're a legend, much appreciated.

Thank you

Stephen

Yury,
Likely stretching the appreciation some.

Please find attached:

Is there a way to calculate the total "# of Cond" per "Condenser Model" and display in the top cells filled red?

Hi Stephen,

you can use SUMIFS function. An example in cell L5 would be '=SUMIFS($C$9:$C$76,$G$9:$G$76,J5)'. Please note that I have removed call merge from the 'Design Criteria' and 'Selection Data' headers and replaced it with 'Centre Accross Selection' (Format Cells ->Alignment->Horizontal). This is better, because it allows to select columns as desired (e.g. '# of Cond" and 'Condenser Model') and avoids confusion in formulas when selecting ranges.

Please see the updated file attached.

If you find my answer userful and like it, I would appreciate you clicking the 'Like' button :)

Thank you

Yury

Yury,
Perfect ! Thank you.

I bet it took the best part of a few mins, i had played with it for a couple of hours and gave up, lol