AUTO FILL NEW DATE IN IN A TAB

Copper Contributor

Hello, I might have an impossible need.  I have created a daily truck routing schedule by day in a work book with tabs.  Monday is the 1st tab and so on. I would like to have three weeks of tabs so Mon thru Sun x3.  I have the truck units listed by column and the times 7am thru 5pm as the rows. We would like to show the current tab/day as the 1st tab when the workbook is opened.  We would log in and the current day will be the first tab shown and the previous day would be archived.    Option B would be to maybe have the three weeks on one tab and then the top page would always be the current day and the subsequent days would follow with the previous days being archived.     Impossible?   I really appreciate any insight and thank you for your time.   I have attached  the workbook for reference.  

3 Replies

@EvergreenWally1This is not impossible.

You may need to restructure the data to something like this:

1- Data entry sheet that includes all the planned routing schedule for all trucks, in a format of one table with the following suggested columns: Date - time - truck - from - to, or any other similar format that is easy to enter data and easy to be manipulated with power query when needed.

2- another sheet to filter the top ones of the upcoming three days maybe with pivot tables or slicers or other.

3- a sheet of constant data that you may need to retrieve with VLookup or so.

I think this will be much easier to populate instant reports when needed.

I hope I made it some how clear.

Thank you so much for taking the time! It is appreciated very much! I will give it a try.

@EvergreenWally1 

You are more than welcome.

Please let me know if you need more help.