A complex IF, Then statement.

Copper Contributor

I have an established Repair Order Work Form. I'm hoping to explain this well enough. That someone is able to help me write the formula I need. I have basically 4 columns A is the amount of items sold, B is a description. C is price per unit. D is the total for the row. All that works, both across and down.

UNDER the total. There is room. for 1 more row.  I'm looking for to add this statement

(=IF A27 = 1, Then B27 print "Preferred Customer Discount", also C27 is minus 15% of D26 with that result in cell D27.

This formula does the correct Math, but is also an error, I'm not sure what. 

[=IF (F30) = 1 Than SUM(F29*-15%+F29)]

I am trying to discount certain work orders IF and only IF A27 = 1 Then I need it to insert  the statement above, subtract 15% of the current total from D26. And display the answer in D27.

This is a formula, I would keep in an open notepad for use when I am directed by the owner. I can copy / paste into C27.. With all that being said, If A27 = "nothing" I don't want the formula to do anything at all. 

Currently my totals including tax etc. Are based on the results form D26.. I may have to write a secondary workbook to allow the product of all my sub totals..... ie. 1 workbook for D26 + tax, and 1 workbook for D27+tax. To ask Excel to decide which total to use, is probably far beyond its capability.

Altering the totals formula used in Column "L" to use D26 or D27, shouldn't be a problem to fix each time.

Any idea are Welcome, It got to be easier than doing this ALL by hand

1 Reply
The formula in D27 could be:
=IF(A27=1,
D26*0.85,
“”)