A Question about Power Query

Copper Contributor

I am looking for a Power Query Function that allows me to query a folder which has several excel files in it and return values located in specific Tables.

In each excel File I have 2 Tables called "Table_1" & "Table_2". I want power query to return the values located in all of those tables (which are in the exact same format).

So far, every article I find out there only talks about connecting to a folder and grabbing the raw excel data. I DO NOT WANT THAT. I want to specifically point the query to the above two mentioned tables ONLY. There could be other files in this folder I do not care about.

For the life of my I cannot find any articles on this.

1 Reply

Hi @raphael94 ,

Power Query takes only one object from each file, that could be sheet or table. If you'd like to combine Table1 from first file with Table1 from second one, you need two queries. For Table1 - click on Transform data (or Edit, depends on version) instead of Load, filter your files if you have other ones in folder, remove all columns but Content, combine it and select Table1 on first step of the wizard.

Repeat the same for Table2 with new query.