Update 1801 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Available Now!
First published on CloudBlogs on Jan 22, 2018
Hello everyone and happy 2018 from our Configuration Manager family! We have a lot of exciting features coming this year. To start, we are excited to let you know that update 1801 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available.
This month’s new preview features include:
– You can now import and run signed scripts and monitor the script results.
Moving Distribution Points between sites
- You can now move an eligible distribution point from one primary site to another primary site or from under a secondary site to a primary site . For information about requirements for moving a distribution point see “
Reassign Distribution Point
Improvements to client settings for Software Center
- Client settings for Software Center now has a customize button where you can preview your customizations before deploying them to machines. You can also hide unapproved applications in Software Center.
New settings for Windows Defender Application Guard
- For Windows 10 version 1709 and later devices, there are two new host interaction settings for Windows Defender Application Guard. Websites can be given access to the host’s virtual graphics processor and files downloaded inside the container can be persisted on the host.
- You can now view a dashboard with information about co-management in your environment.
– You can use phased deployments to automate a coordinated, sequenced rollout of software without creating multiple deployments.
Support for hardware inventory strings greater than 255 characters in length
- For newly added classes, you can specify string lengths greater than 255 characters for hardware inventory properties that are not keys.
This release also includes the following improvements based on your feedback from
Improvements to Automatic Deployment Rule evaluation schedule - You can now schedule Automatic Deployment Rule evaluation to be offset from a base day.
Update 1801 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Configuration Manager Technical Preview console. For new installations please use the recently updated 1711 baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch
available on TechNet Evaluation Center
We would love to hear your thoughts about the latest Technical Preview! We're now enabling
Configuration Manager feedback
Feedback Hub app
built-in to Windows 10. When you
Add new feedback
be sure to select the
category and then choose from one of the following subcategories: