SOLVED

Option to create different types of teams is missing?

Copper Contributor

Hi, I was working with a different school yesterday to help them set something up on OneNote.  I noticed that when I created a new team there was no option to create the different types of team (PLC, classes, etc) as shown in the picture.

team options.png

I was worried that it had been withdrawn but when I checked it out it is still available in teams on my home school.

Anyone know why a school might not have access to this?  I checked all the admin settings but I couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Matthew J. Bailey (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Martin,

These EDU features are tied to licensing.

The user creating the team must have Office 365 A1 for faculty or similar.

There was also an issue recently affecting users with Office 365 A3 for faculty, where they did not see these templates when creating teams, even though they were correctly licensed. I believe this issue was solved during the weekend or monday this week at the latest.

If users are correctly licensed and still see this problem you should open a support ticket.

\Magnus

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matthew J. Bailey (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Martin,

These EDU features are tied to licensing.

The user creating the team must have Office 365 A1 for faculty or similar.

There was also an issue recently affecting users with Office 365 A3 for faculty, where they did not see these templates when creating teams, even though they were correctly licensed. I believe this issue was solved during the weekend or monday this week at the latest.

If users are correctly licensed and still see this problem you should open a support ticket.

\Magnus

View solution in original post