using more neutral colors in the Light Theme

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

The Light theme has a very yellow tint to it. Don't you think it would make more sense to opt for a more neutral color scheme?

Just compare these two:

https://imgur.com/a/t1v6byI

I think the difference is night and day and not in Edge's favor. Everything except for the url and search bars has either a yellow, orange or brown tone to it. The warm colors make it look messier and are more stressful on the eye.

It doesn't match Windows' Light theme either which has way more neutral whites and greys.

32 Replies
It already is a neutral color :)
it's understandable you don't like it but let's not generalize it and make up facts

@HotCakeX 

You can be obtuse all you want.  The thread is still up, so anyone can view it.

Believe it or not i had to look up the definition of that word "obtuse". means "stupid, numb, imbecile"

so much for not being rude i guess
it's alright, it's public forum.

@HotCakeX 

That's not what obtuse means. Going by the dictionary definition is not always the right thing to do, as we've seen time and time again ITT. If you aren't fluent enough in English to not take everything in its literal context at least admit it form the get-go. You'll sound less silly. Offensive does not always mean it attacks you. Obtuse does not always mean dumb or stupid (actually I don't think it ever means that).

So better watch your language and don't use risky words.

@HotCakeX 

They aren't risky words just because you don't understand them due to a language barrier or whatever other reason.

That's not my problem

@HotCakeX 

Ok now I'm 100% positive you're just a troll. Why did I even bother responding in the first place..

Nope but think whatever you like

@HotCakeX 

If you really aren't a troll and are actually being sincere then that's just sad. Coming and being snide and spiteful in a discussion thread - not on 4chan or YouTube, mind you - a freaking Insider forum practically no one uses; bashing on people for posting ideas and suggestions in a place where ideas a suggestions are supposed to be posted. Pathetic, no other word for it.

@microsoft_account1111 

You're clearly not here for a technical and proper discussion and want to derail this thread and accuse me for things that don't exist and insult me.
I'm reporting this thread and not going to further reply to it.

quotes from you:

333333333.png

3.png

33.png

3333.png

3333333.png

For the record: you suggested something, and in the first few posts i proved with technical facts and proofs that your idea is already being applied here. there was no necessity for rudeness, false accusations and other things.

@HotCakeX 

There it is. I was waiting for that one. Well, you've kinda shot yourself in the foot there, friend. You reported a thread where you were the only person deserving of a ban. Grats.

BTW if things like "i believe the way it is now is better." and "people want out of curiosity" are technical facts to you, then.. well I actually wouldn't be surprised.

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. It seems like this conversation has moved in an unproductive direction, so I'm closing comments to this thread.