offer of functions

Steel Contributor

hello. thanks for your work on microsoft edge.

I am a blind user. I use the program of screen access nvda.

it would be desirable availability improvements especially at navigation using a mouse. at navigation using a mouse a web of the page are very badly available with programs of screen access.

also I want to suggest to make the loader as in old edge that it was possible to open files the opredennykh of types at once. for example installation files.

and still to make an opportunity to receive notices from the websites at the closed edge in the center of notices windows 10.

16 Replies

Thanks for creating a post about this.

I would like to see if any other users are also running into some of the same issues as you.

This is still a problem we haven't been able to reproduce the same problems yet.

The browsers are updated frequently which could affect the programs you use.

Thanks for your patience

Frank

@V-FRROME I've tried out all the features in edge://accessibility/. But it didn't help me. When navigating with a mouse, web sites are very poorly accessible with both THE NVDA and the narrator.

Hello, I am also an NVDA user. because the announcer doesn't read the web pages in the edge canary browser, I have to use the old edge browser.

@Irina10 

Thanks for letting us know also.

I've been trying to figure out some workaround till we can address these issues for 

our preview browsers.

Any additional detail about problems with Narrator or NVDA is appreciated.

Thanks for your patience,

Frank

@Irina10 @nikitat1260, I have reached out to our Accessibility program manager and asked if he can take a look at this issue and get a fix prioritized.  Thank you again for self-hosting our browser and for taking the time to report these issues.

Кирк ''@Elli I'm a user of the Nvda program. And constantly the problem. He rarely reads. I use a mouse. The program reads like a horrible. In short, it is impossible to use.

@Elena_Bady 

Thanks for reporting the issue to us.

As Elliot said we will let the Accessibility team know.

Thanks,

Frank

@nikitat1260@Elena_Bady@Irina10, I have spoken to the Accessibility team, we are aware of a regression to NVDA that came in through Chromium, it has since been fixed, and should be working again in the latest Canary build.  Please let us know if this still is broken for you.

Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk I'm still having this problem version 77.0.223.0

@nikitat1260 

Are the issues as bad as they were before, and are they the same with Microsoft Edge Dev also?

There is a beta version of NVDA that might be worth a try if you have not tried yet.

NVDA Beta Link: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2019.2beta1/nvda_2019.2beta1.exe

Thanks,

Frank

@V-FRROME I have a NVDA alfa problem there on the dev version too.

I check the Nvda every day, but nothing for the better changes. Reads the title of the link and further complete silence.

@Elena_Bady @nikitat1260 @Irina10 

I would like to just confirm that the issues are just as bad for Microsoft Edge Canary also?

I will make sure our engineering team is aware that the issues persist.

Thanks for your patience,

Frank

@V-FRROME hello, I still have the same problem in the edge canary browser. Nwda reads not all Tex, but only some sentences.

@Elliot Kirk Hello. Starting with Version 80.0.355.0 (Official Build Canary) I can't use Microsoft edge with nvda. Nvda keyboard shas very often having to restart it. think it's because of the function Native UI Automation. as I understand this feature should improve the experience of using with on-screen access programs, but unfortunately at the moment it is not.