how do I specify a specific page to be the new tab page?

Deleted
Not applicable

How can I change the new tab page to use a page that I specify.  I can see how to change the Home button, but not the new tab page.

Thanks,

Bill

5 Replies

@Deleted 

Hi, Bill & Welcome!

A picture is worth a 1000 words so I'll shuddup :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: Anyway, this ⬇ shows where & how via item below Appearance where you found Home button.  Although, FWIW, you can see I'm set to msn.ca, but, still, opens the **bleep** New tab page, ergo, good luck to you. Actually, let us know if it works for you.  My Home page button works as set, but, starting up > New tab, grrrr.  My Dev & Canary are both set to msn.ca, yet, both fire up to New tab. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

HomeP.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

Sounds like you are having the same results as me.  Maybe I'll have find an add-on to do this.  It really shouldn't require that... it should be built in to the browser.

Thanks
Bill

Just found an extension called New Tab Redirect in the Chrome store that does just what I want.  Works great.

Thanks,
Bill

@Deleted 

Hi Bill,

No.  New tab page is what it is & cannot be changed.  Sometimes it can be helpful to go from to a one of your Favorites Bar sites upon opening New tab.  But, no, New tab page won't/can't be anything else, initially; not in Edge nor Edge C.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Deleted 

Cool, Bill. Likely others will appreciate this info, too.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg