White text overlay bug fixed in build 76.0.159.0

Steel Contributor

Starting with build 76.0.151.0, there was a bug that screwed up the display of white text overlayed a darker colour. I can attest that it has been fixed for me. Should anybody here still have problems, I suggest you bring up the bug again with Microsoft and tell them it isn't fixed for everybody.

2 Replies

Thank you @NicolSD.  Just curious, did you report this issue via the In-app feedback?  If so, did you receive and email telling you that the issue was fixed?

Thanks,

Elliot

@Elliot Kirk Yes and no. Yes, I reported it through the in-app Mr. Smiley. But no, like every other bug so far, I haven't been notified that it had been fixed. I have been testing the bug again and again with every build until it finally worked.

You'll remember that I have reported bugs fixed in the past. This is not the first time I have done this. However, not once have I been notified by Microsoft that the bugs were fixed., I had to find out for myself. For example, the two Facebook bugs. They are definitely fixed but they were never recognized as having ever existed let alone fixed in any of the Dev notes.

That is what bugs me about your Insider system. We are kept in the dark! I submitted as detailed a report as I could about the white text overlay bug. I got the standard email acknowledging that my report had been received. And that was it. I never heard again from Microsoft. I checked and checked if the bug was still there after every build until today.

To add to the frustration, the bug is not going to be recognized as having ever existed in the upcoming Dev notes. How can I say that? Because that's what MS does all the time. The two Facebook bugs were never acknowledged as existing or having been fixed. The same thing is going to happen with this bug. The bug started with build 76.0.151.0. I reported it and have been checking it with every build since. Today, the bug is gone. I know it was somehow fixed. I also know that I'll never hear back from Microsoft.

That is why we (I am certain I am not alone in this) want a proper report of existing and fixed bugs.

And now that I've let off steam, I feel better.