When is continue on pc coming?

Copper Contributor

I use it all the time and I want to know when I can use it on the new edge. 

Is this the right place to ask?

2 Replies

I find this interesting.. Now I would have assumed that while using edge on my android 8, Moto g6 phone with MS Launcher, that when I selected to continue on PC, it would send to my pc and open my default browser no matter which it is... IE 11, Chrome.. etc...., as mine at this time is set to Edge Dev..   However, it opened the current public Edge instead.  Is there a setting someplace that I've missed/forgotten about within MS launcher/edge on my android phone to choose which browser to send it to.....?   I don't ever remember there being a setting anyplace to choose a browser......

@Elliot Kirk  @MinorSeven 

Dennis5mile

Has anyone figured this one out? 

The issue I was having was that nothing happened when I sent a webpage from Edge on Android to my PC. I saw that the notification option caused one to appear, although when I clicked on it nothing happened. 

Looking at my event viewer logs, the "OpenWith" program was running, although I couldn't see it. I then went into my default protocols and saw that URL:microsoft-edge wasn't assigned to anything. If I switch it to Edge, the 'Continue on PC' function works (with the normal version of Edge). If I switch it to Edge Dev then it just opens a new tab, not the webpage that was sent...