Using the file picker & OneDrive files on demand

Copper Contributor

I was creating a post on ebay which meant I had to use the file picker (explorer) window to find photos. Two issues occur.

1. The photos location that is available in the old Edge "modern" app is not available so you then have to browse the file structure to find the photos you need.

2. This is more of an issues, when browsing OneDrive in the file picker Edge is causing files to be downloaded to the device that are not selected just trying to preview the folders.

4 Replies
Hey there,
is it possible to attach a screenshot for your issue #1 to help better understand the situation and also which Edge insider channel are you using?

Here are screenshots of each of the problems.

1. Auto-download of the content from OneDrive. (when you select a folder in OneDrive that contains pictures it tries to download them all to preview them)

edge-explorer-picker-problem-1.png

2. File picker using Edge Beta showing no photos location

edge-explorer-picker-problem-2.png

3. Windows 10 1903 using in-built Edge and photos picker. 

edge-explorer-picker-problem-3.png

The version of Edge I am using is "Version 77.0.235.15 (Official build) beta (64-bit)"

Nice find, I hope one of the Edge team members see this!
on Edge Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) also the Photos and Camera location is missing.

Hi @smyth1492@HotCakeX, we have seen this!  Thank you for bringing it to our attention,  I have filed a bug on this.  Thanks - Elliot