Using the emoticons prediction when writing, Edge closes completely without notice

Steel Contributor

Using the emoticons prediction when writing, Edge closes completely without notice.

By clicking on the emoji that was predicted by the previously introduced word Edge Cannary is completely closed. It happens in the last version 77.0.194.0.

Another post on the same theme but in different version about a month ago.

Thanks.

9 Replies

@Ismael Martinez 

Thanks for addressing this issue. 

It has been reported and looked into.

Are you still having the same issue with Canary Version 77.0.196.0 or Dev 77.0.189.3?

Thanks,

Frank

Hello @V-FRROME thank you for responding and addressing the issue. I confirm that it is partially fixed in the Can and Dev version.

Now it doesn't happen the first time I use the emoji panel but if I use it for several times if you close Edge without warning again.

*As data happens if or if mostly using (Happy ☺) emoji and emoji prediction.

Thank you, we will be attentive to a future total solution.

Greetings. :waving_hand: 

@V-FRROME Version 77.0.197.0 continues to happen.

I've also noticed that the emoji panel doesn't work either when you press the windows + period (.) button, the emoji panel doesn't display even if you have it turned on to do so. Instead he writes me the "." and he doesn't unfold the panel. It can only be used by prediction and "happy" emoji collapses Edge.

Thanks.

@V-FRROME It's still happening in version 77.0.200.1

Thanks.

@V-FRROME It's still happening in version 77.0.203.0

Greetings.

@V-FRROMESame error in the version 77.0.204.0

Thanks.

@Ismael Martinez 

Sorry, I'm going to investigate this issue further and see if I can see what 

the exact culprit is.

Thanks for your patience,

Frank

@V-FRROME Same error in the version  77.0.218.0.

@V-FRROME It keeps happening in version 22.0.227.0 with any emoticon that predicts Windows.

Thanks.