*Updated* Dev channel update to 77.0.235.5 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.235.5 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.  This will be the last version with the major number 77, which means that this release puts us in sync with what’s in Chrome’s 77 release.  As such, there were quite a few fixes and features this week that we believe are significant enough to mention: 

Today's update to the .5 release contains a single fix for the Netflix error D1711-1331.

New features and behavior: 

• Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
  • Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
  • Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
  • Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
  • Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
  • Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
  • Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
  • Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
  • Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
  • Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
  • Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
  • Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
  • Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
  • Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
  • Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions! 

79 Replies
I can reproduce this, too.

Buen día @josh_bodner gracias por la actualización de esta semana, quisiera dejar una inquietud en referencia al área donde se visualizan las extensiones en el navegador en la esquina superior derecha. Al poner el cursor sobre la extensión se resalta un marco alrededor de la extensión en forma de cuadrado. Pienso que hay mucho espacio entre las extensiones, si lo cambiaran a la forma redondeada al igual que el apartado de cuentas de usuarios creería que visualmente seria más atractivo ver las extensiones menos separadas.

clipboard_image_0.png

Is it possible to add the possibility to sort favorites when managing favorites 

@josh_bodner IE mode seems to be broken in this build (was working previously). I constantly receive the message saying I have to re-install with administrator permissions or I have to restart Edge to use IE mode. My install path *is* Program Files and not my user directory. I've re-installed, though, just to be safe, and I am still getting the error.

@josh_bodner 

• Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.

Great! What is that keystroke?

Not sure if this a recent regression or not. Texts onn task manager (shift+esc) on dark theme invisible or dont have enough contrast.

Yes I want to able to sort favorites by name at least.@fvermette 

@Dch48 If you right-click in the favorites window, but not on a favorite, it will bring up a context menu and the first entry is "sort by name".

@Neon01 

That removes the possibility to send feedback. As I read the request the wish was to remove the Icon only - leaving the posibilty to send feedback through the menu.

I would also like that possibility. The current feedback button is ok for Canary and dev but a waste of screenspace for something production ready. I want that space for an Icon that gives something to my organisations productivity.

@Rahsna Asurac that's correct, we're currently rolling it out to everybody in a controlled fashion, which means that some people may not see it until next week, and which is why it wasn't mentioned here.  

@josh_bodner 

My sync functions are still a mess. Favorites are jumbled and/or duplicated.

How do I unmuddle it?

And is it fixed? (The muddling happened starting maybe a month or six weeks ago, right from the start of the sync funtionality.) If yes, I'll give it a try again.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @GDevYoussef, if you are talking about the passwords that are stored in Microsoft Edge, you need to have a password on your Windows account and then you will get the extra protection.

Hi @matsmcp, it is my understanding that the send a smile icon will not be next to the address bar in the Stable channel, when it is available.  It will remain next to the address bar in Canary and Developer channels, as the main purpose of those channels is getting feedback on the current state of the browser. Thanks - Elliot

@josh_bodner  I asked after the last update and never got a rersponse, so I'm asking again.

How do we STOP vidoes from "Auto Playing".

In regular Edge browser we could go to settings/advanced and the the ability to have videos auto play or not was available. 

When will this be made available again. Please.

Hi @Newcastle_Guardian, we have not finished this feature yet.  You can try our in development solution by enabling the flag  on the edge://flags page. Thanks - Elliot

@josh_bodner the LastPass plugin formatting issue is still present in this build as well.  Just submitted the feedback using the :) form.  Buttons jump away from the mouse pointer.  Don't see this in Edge with same plugin or Chrome with the same Chrome plugin on same or other computers.

@josh_bodner Is there a possibility of epub support in the future?

@josh_bodner 

Hello,

Is this possible to add a feature that exist in other browsers and which is very usefull ?

When we click on the tab on the top of the browser, the page go to the top of the website, and when we click-back, it scroll back in the exact place where we was in the page.

It will be very nice to add this feature :)

Please see if you can get the "continue on pc" option in Edge android to open in Edge Dev/Canary on desktop.