*Updated* Dev channel update to 77.0.235.5 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.235.5 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.  This will be the last version with the major number 77, which means that this release puts us in sync with what’s in Chrome’s 77 release.  As such, there were quite a few fixes and features this week that we believe are significant enough to mention: 

Today's update to the .5 release contains a single fix for the Netflix error D1711-1331.

New features and behavior: 

• Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
  • Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
  • Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
  • Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
  • Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
  • Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
  • Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
  • Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
  • Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
  • Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
  • Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
  • Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
  • Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
  • Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
  • Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions! 

79 Replies

@josh_bodner the Twitter video playback issue/bug is now fixed

@josh_bodner  Updated successfully. Thanks.

Video issue fixed. Thanks!

When will full Tab Hover Cards be supported, it's been in Chrome for awhile now (and in derivatives like Brave) @josh_bodner 

The note about this release on .microsoftedgeinsider.com whats-new says it includes the ability to sync form fill data and passwords, but in Settings>Profiles>Sync the options to Sync Addresses and Passwords are still not available.

After the previous update sign-in pop ups on some sites just close immediately on their own making it impossible to sign in. The fixes around sign-in popups in this update did not resolve that issue

@josh_bodner I have a suggestion for more security please make edit cards only open with verification 

Thanks for the update. But how can I enable password sync? It is included on the "what's new" page but it is not listed here.

@josh_bodner  give us the ability to sync the password or at least to "Export" to "Old Edge" so new password saved in the chromium edge is not lost.

And another feature that would be appreciated is "Disabling the DashPlayback in youtube". 

Found it available on Canary
Thanks! I will wait for the next Dev build. Have been expecting this feature for a long time.:face_with_tears_of_joy:

Thanks @josh_bodner.

Is it possible to remove the smiley feedback button from the toolbar? Maybe there could be a flag or toggle somewhere to disable it?

For all those saying they cannot see form fill and password sync, it is A/B testing.

I have two machines. One got it, one did not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@josh_bodner is this only me? when refreshing a page and the X comes up putting mouse over the cross.

Screenshot_1.png

That's really annoying bug!
I think they got it fixed. Twitter video is no longer glitching here.

@josh_bodner 

Good stuff! Video issues are fixed, and I very much appreciate the ability to hide a particular language I never want translated. 

@LouisF 

You can remove it either by the Edge Chromium group policies 

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Edge > Allow User Feedback 

> Disabled

Here is a good description how to deploy the new group policies (if you haven't already done): 

https://winaero.com/blog/group-policy-templates-for-microsoft-edge-chromium/ 

Or simply remove the button in the registry 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge 

there create a REG_DWORD (32-bit) called UserFeedbackAllowed with value 0