*Updated* Dev channel build 77.0.211.3 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.211.3 to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.  We’ve got some new features, many of which you’ve seen over the past two weeks in Canary and have been eagerly waiting for in Dev.  We’ve also fixed quite a few reliability and behavior issues, the most significant of which include: 

We have added a single fix from to the .2 release, a fix to the Add Profile button so that it works by default even if you don't change the name of the profile.

New features and behavior: 

• Enable secure receipt of payment card data.
  • Enable Application Reputation from SmartScreen by default
  • Fix to support Dolby audio on Windows 8.
  • Family safety feature has a flag in edge://flags.
  • Direct launch for ClickOnce applications has been enabled.
  • Support for HEVC decoder has been added.
  • Enable Windows Defender Application Guard by default
  • Now we sort extensions into “From Microsoft Store” and “From other store” categories
  • Added “Recent” category in History management page
  • Disabled InPrivate browsing for profiles managed by Family Settings
  • Added tracking prevention under a flag in edge://flags.
  • Added ability to Save pages as MHTML from reading view
  • Work to support single sign on (SSO) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) 
  • Localization into 11 languages (more coming)
  • Enabling SmartScreen on macOS by default
  • Enabling SafeSearch functionality for all Bing searches.
  • Support for keyboard shortcuts for extensions.

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fix for TouchBar on macOS when in YouTube fullscreen mode.
  • Multiple fixes to sync engine
  • Improved the crash reporting and uploading
  • Fixed a crash on URL load
  • Fixed an error when sync was turned off and on repeatedly.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to write to a read only date attribute
  • Fixed a crash when moving tab between two windows on separate screens.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when sync occurred before sign-on completed
  • Fixed a crash that occurs on some navigation requests.
  • Fixed a crash on pop-up windows
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS Sierra and High Sierra versions
  • Enabled ability to automatically repair extensions by default.
  • Fixed an issue with guest more support on privacy and services settings page.
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Improvements to dark mode in various controls and pages
  • Select the last used Chrome profile by default when importing from Chrome.
  • Move multiple controls to Fluent UI
  • Improve the cleanup logic in the installer
  • Limit New Tab Page content for Education SKUs and Windows 10s.
  • Fixes to new WebView control rendering
  • Fixes for importing defaults from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
  • Fixes for Reading View toolbar
  • Fixes for importing pinned tabs and settings during First Run Experience
  • Fix to use user preference for font size rather than preset default.
  • Automatically move keyboard focus to address bar after First Run Experience
  • Fixed the swipe gesture for History on macOS
  • Fixed the sync icon badge on the user flyout.
  • Audio offload fixes to improve performance and battery life.

In addition to this work, there has been a ton of work on coming features including enterprise management and IE-mode.  And of course, thanks to everybody for being an insider and sending us all of your great feedback and suggestions!   

106 Replies
Don't know. I've got the same build. May be security patch.

@Speednet 

Maybe we should be allowed to customize the color of our folders or leave them on 'transparent' which would be how they were before?

@Elliot Kirk  Is there any plan for adding the Set aside tabs feature back into Edge? As an enterprise business Admin, several unique Edge features are what drove user adoption. This feature, in particular, is a favorite among our users. I fear if it is not included in the Chromium version of Edge, user adoption will plummet. This is such a powerful tool for users who need to stay organized with their web research and web-based applications. 

@Elliot Kirk When do you think we'll be able to see Fluent Design in the form of acrylic added? 

@Elliot Kirk 

Testing out IE mode in our enterprise environment and it's working great. With the Legacy Browser Support addon it's seamless already. Great work.

Looking forward to the production version so we can ditch IE/UWP Edge ;)

Thank you very much@Elliot Kirk 

@ArkansasBen77  Good thank you

@Elliot KirkGreat work on the updates.  However, it seems that some extensions like LastPass are not working on the new build.  I also tried EnPass and it doesn't appear to work either.  Maybe something to look in to? 

@briancuster I would try removing and re-installing. I have no issues running LastPass or uBlock or other extensions.

@Elliot Kirk thank you for your answer! Will be wating for the feature. Thx

@Elliot Kirk 

Can you please fix Netflix casting to chromecast? Two builds ago it worked fine, but ever since you updated it, it no longer casts correctly. If I play anything from Netflix on Chromecast all I get is a black screen on the remote screen. 

Nice find, I would like to try this - what is the flag called?

@Elliot Kirk - The "Paste and search" icon in the context menu is missing. This is what happens from the beginning. As well as some other icons in the context menu, such as "Select all" or "Past as plain text".

For the yellow icon and the omitting of http, http and www in URL, it's just a glitch when merging Chromium upstream source, and has already been fixed in Canary.

@flamott Oh no, you're saying the yellow folder color is not staying?

@Speednet That's right, the yellow folder icon is from Chromium, and has been corrected. In fact, the folder icon has regressed to Chromium one before, but was fixed in Canary before going into Dev.

@flamott That's terrible news, but thanks for the heads-up.  The white icons are horrendous, making them extremely difficult to distinguish from generic "page" icons. 

@MarsMas you can also hold down control when clicking any link to open it in a new tab. (this works in every browser I am aware of

Seeing and message that "Sync has been turned off by your administrator" But we are not controlling any settings for Edge @Elliot Kirk