*Updated* Dev channel build 77.0.211.3 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.211.3 to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.  We’ve got some new features, many of which you’ve seen over the past two weeks in Canary and have been eagerly waiting for in Dev.  We’ve also fixed quite a few reliability and behavior issues, the most significant of which include: 

We have added a single fix from to the .2 release, a fix to the Add Profile button so that it works by default even if you don't change the name of the profile.

New features and behavior: 

• Enable secure receipt of payment card data.
  • Enable Application Reputation from SmartScreen by default
  • Fix to support Dolby audio on Windows 8.
  • Family safety feature has a flag in edge://flags.
  • Direct launch for ClickOnce applications has been enabled.
  • Support for HEVC decoder has been added.
  • Enable Windows Defender Application Guard by default
  • Now we sort extensions into “From Microsoft Store” and “From other store” categories
  • Added “Recent” category in History management page
  • Disabled InPrivate browsing for profiles managed by Family Settings
  • Added tracking prevention under a flag in edge://flags.
  • Added ability to Save pages as MHTML from reading view
  • Work to support single sign on (SSO) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) 
  • Localization into 11 languages (more coming)
  • Enabling SmartScreen on macOS by default
  • Enabling SafeSearch functionality for all Bing searches.
  • Support for keyboard shortcuts for extensions.

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fix for TouchBar on macOS when in YouTube fullscreen mode.
  • Multiple fixes to sync engine
  • Improved the crash reporting and uploading
  • Fixed a crash on URL load
  • Fixed an error when sync was turned off and on repeatedly.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to write to a read only date attribute
  • Fixed a crash when moving tab between two windows on separate screens.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when sync occurred before sign-on completed
  • Fixed a crash that occurs on some navigation requests.
  • Fixed a crash on pop-up windows
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS Sierra and High Sierra versions
  • Enabled ability to automatically repair extensions by default.
  • Fixed an issue with guest more support on privacy and services settings page.
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Improvements to dark mode in various controls and pages
  • Select the last used Chrome profile by default when importing from Chrome.
  • Move multiple controls to Fluent UI
  • Improve the cleanup logic in the installer
  • Limit New Tab Page content for Education SKUs and Windows 10s.
  • Fixes to new WebView control rendering
  • Fixes for importing defaults from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
  • Fixes for Reading View toolbar
  • Fixes for importing pinned tabs and settings during First Run Experience
  • Fix to use user preference for font size rather than preset default.
  • Automatically move keyboard focus to address bar after First Run Experience
  • Fixed the swipe gesture for History on macOS
  • Fixed the sync icon badge on the user flyout.
  • Audio offload fixes to improve performance and battery life.

In addition to this work, there has been a ton of work on coming features including enterprise management and IE-mode.  And of course, thanks to everybody for being an insider and sending us all of your great feedback and suggestions!   

106 Replies
I can't download it now guys. It's still on 77.0.197.1, and says ''Microsoft Edge is up to date'' :|
Should be good to try again now. We were just a little trigger happy. =)
Uninstall & re-install.

@Elliot Kirk I'm looking forward to improving accessibility with on-screen access programs. such as NVDA and narrator. poor availability when navigating with a mouse on web pages. content is barely voiced.

@EnverBozkaya it time zone issue you manage 

Hi @nikitat1260, we have been making a steady stream of accessibility fixes.  If there are areas that are not meeting your needs, please let us know so that we can prioritize properly.

Much better and more smooth, but still Favorite links opens in the current tab

In case you do not know this, but you can right click on "any" link no matter where it is.. i.e. Favorite/favorite bar/link on web page.. etc.... and there will be an option to open in new tab...... I use this option all the time....

Dennis5mile
Wow, Great.... You all have been putting a lot of work here on fixes and improvements... Love it and thanks Edge Team......

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5milethank you , i know that, but 3 steps to open an link is much of time i think, many other browsers get the link in new tab just one click , and that make sense

@Elliot Kirk I described the problem in detail in my post on this form. when a mouse with screen access programs is used, web pages are very poorly voiced by the narrator and nvda. Here's my post. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/offer-of-functions/m-p/735363

@Elliot Kirk 

Ah, great! The font issue with Oswald and Comfortaa has been fixed in Dev now, too, like in Canary. Much appreciated fix.

Oh, while on the edge://flags page I came across this interesting flag.. Not sure how long it has been there, but the concept is interesting...

@Elliot Kirk Clear on exit.jpg

I Like this idea.  To be able to choose which sites to always clear on exit instead of having the option, but having no choice as to which sites....   
But I think there needs to be an easier way to add sites.  Having to add them one at a time could be time consuming.  Would be nice that when you click the add button a popup appears that shows "all" the sites you have currently visited with a check box along side each where by you can choose which sites to either "not" clear on exit or "to" clear on exit.  I think the choice should be "not" clear on exit....

justmy20centsworth

Dennis5mile

@Elliot Kirk I tryed Read Aloud  with 3 PDF and It's not working at all. Any workaround or property to fix before actually using it?

@Elliot Kirk 

Favicons missing in Favorites list

Pen missing from screenshot editor in send feedback.

To open in a new tab in a single step, you can use middle-click (or Ctrl-Click) :)

@Shaun_K 

Got the update on Windows 10, but I'm not seeing the update on macOS Mojave yet. I tried downloading the installer, but it's the old build.

@PaulL1 Same here. All Windows machines were offered the update, but none of the mac machines are.

It is good to see so much work done, good job guys! I am looking for alternative to Chrome, for a long time, feel this might be it. When do you recon you will be ready for stable release?