SOLVED

This page is having problems

Brass Contributor

Hello everybody!

I started using Microsoft Edge Dev some months ago and everything went smoothly until today: I turned on my laptop, opened Edge Dev and noticed that it is not working anymore at all.

image.png

Any page that I try to open (even the welcome tab) doesn't load and moreover the only two extensions that I installed (uBlock Origin and Norton Password Manager) are crashing.

I would like to check the log file (if any) in order to understand a little bit better what's going wrong under the hood.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1903, unfortunately I can't provide the Edge Dev version since the "about" tab is not working. Trying to download and run the latest installer from the web did not help.

56 Replies
I got the same issue. We are using SCEP as well. No externsions load either.

@paolot 

I have this problem and i don't use SEP.  I'm using 1903, edge dev and no extensions.  I use any windows 10 built security.   all pages show "this page is having a problem"  even the settings etc...  had to make a shortcut with --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity option to make it work.  sigh.   just when I thought I could leave firefox…    

@V-FRROME In my case, the only extensions I have are LastPass and Adblock, both installed via the Microsoft Store.

@RetroChrisB We are also using Symantec Endpoint Protection v14.0.2349.0100.

It seems like few days ago Symantec published a technical article about the issue, it should be fixed with the release of Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2.

Since many of us will not be able to perform the update (since it is managed from our company) Symantec provides a workaround too, consisting of adding an "Application" exception to SEP.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to test the workaround since the option to add application exceptions on my instance is disabled by my company.

@paolot I'm running 14.2 and the issue persists.

@autumnwalker thanks for sharing! Could you please add your experience to the open Chromium issue? It could be important for the development team, because right now they probably think that the update is going to fix while it's not!

Done.

@autumnwalker any news from your tests? Still not working?

@paolot   it's working again.  one of the last updates must have fixed it because i left it alone.

@GaryJonJon not working for me.

@GaryJonJon it's not working for me neither. Maybe you have an update of SEP, could you please tell us which version you are currently using?

Thanks!

Still not working here.
I’m not using SEP

Try with Windows Compatibility troubleshooter try to set:

Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Windows 8 it will work like a charm!  @paolot 

We're also having this issue - currently running SEP 14.0.3752.1000

Having the same problem today with Beta 78.0.276.8. The only thing that changed to my knowledge is that I added the Webex meeting extension yesterday from the Chrome Store. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta version, long with Dev 79.0.279.0 and Canary 79.0.286.0 all with the same results. 

All pages in Edge display the same thing. Settings, Extensions, About.  Event log 

Faulting application name: msedge.exe, version: 78.0.276.8, time stamp: 0x5d8af48d
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000009f1fc
Faulting process id: 0x855c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d57559e8b0e864
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Beta\Application\msedge.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 8821d087-10c9-42cf-8372-28b566939c30
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

@onibocho did you try running it with the parms -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity

this has been working for me.

Likewise here @paolot 

And even the version of SEP that we are running is beyond user control, so we will have to wait until my organisation is ready to roll out the next major update.

Wow.. this solved my issue too. On corporate machine i can not uninstall that **bleep**ty symaNt3c garbage so using this flags helped me out. On my private machine it all works fine cause I am not a masochist!
Thanks for that reply. I must have missed that above but yes that works for me.