That it seems to you if you added support for themes to customize more Edge...

Steel Contributor

That it seems to you if you added support for themes to customize more Edge and that it is not only dark or light.

Thank you for your opinion and support. 

4 Replies

@Ismael Martinez 

I just wanted to let you know that we are still looking into having customized themes, and have not given up on the idea yet.

If you have not yet, I would recommend also submitting feedback through the browser asking for this also. (Every feature request helps)

Thanks for your feedback,

Frank

@Ismael Martinez  These would be super neat, I agree.

I hope, if themes are implemented, they are

1. Very resilient to browser updates & other add-ons. Somehow, themes on Firefox/Chrome always would cause a bug every few months and I ended up just removing them.
  2. Zero, or next to zero, performance degradation. Hopefully, this is a given, but themes should have very limited privileges and abilities so they don't impact the overall browser speed/responsiveness. Changing colors here or there shouldn't cause lower performance, so keeping a tight leash is key.

@ikjadoon 

Next to zero performance degradation, would be nice. I know some themes will probably cause some very minor performance degradation, but just strict colors usually don't seem to affect performance.  

We appreciate your feedback,

Frank

Yes! And, the resiliency, hopefully, too: browsers like Chrome get updated so often that I do worry themes will kill this feature or that feature. :( Hopefully, Microsoft Edge themes can restrict that somewhat.

The initial uptake of themers might be small, but hopefully the transition will be easier as there will be "less" to theme.

Or, perhaps, users can create their own themes?

Cheers.