SOLVED

Taskbar tasks list is missing

Iron Contributor

When right click on the program on taskbar, the tasks list is not shown. I reinstalled Microsoft Edge Dev but the browsing data is not clear, the issue still persist. 

Before a certain update that I forgot, it used to be there but after the update I accidentally unpin and repin the tasks is gone. 

EDIT: I checked others post seem some of them had same issue as me. 

Taskbar Tasks is missingTaskbar Tasks is missing

It is shown in start menuIt is shown in start menu

46 Replies

And it broke again in today update

yep it broke againyep it broke again

@Limyx826 Same in Version 79.0.301.2

I hope somebody from the Edge team will look into this issue...

@FranklinWhale @Limyx826

BTW, whilst this is being reported... supposedly, we are all on the same up to date version numbers and the issue is not universal.  For example, my own Jumplists are fine & always, have been.  I do not think I am the only one NOT having this issue.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Same in 80.0.320.4
I think we are getting no assistance at all here...
Yes you mentioned it before multiple times
best response confirmed by Limyx826 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@FranklinWhale 

I think they really fix the taskbar issue because I found a solution to it. 

It's back.It's back.

How I get it back (Work on Chrome as well):

1. Unpin the program if you pin it on the taskbar

2. Pin the shortcut from start menu

I believe that the start menu icon that pin on taskbar isn't the programI believe that the start menu icon that pin on taskbar isn't the program

3. Open Setting, go to Personalisation and Start section

4. Toggle Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access repeatedly, it may lag when turning off

5. Check whether the Tasks came back or not, if not try again? or submit another bug report

6. If it works unpin the start menu shortcut from the taskbar and pin the program on the taskbar if you want

I used this method before in previous version but it didn't work. Now that it works I believe the Devs had fix some weird bug between the start menu shortcut and the program itself. 

@Limyx826 Your solution works!!!! I just could not believe it would. Thanks!