Tabs view in full screen mode like edge classic.

Deleted
Not applicable

Look at the screenshots:  MS edge classic full screen mode vs that of chromium edge

Edge Classic :backhand_index_pointing_down:

Screenshot (37).png

Chromium Edge :backhand_index_pointing_down:

Screenshot (36).png

It's frustrating to use full screen mode while browsing many tabs in chromium edge, While classic edge was much better at it. Hope this will be implemented in the chromium edge browser.

Chears,

Hussain.

14 Replies

@Deleted 

Hi Hussain,

I'm, really, not sure if I'd gone Full screen & not noticed or if this was, indeed, the 1st time investigating after, reading your note.  That said, WOW! do I ever agree & fully support what you point out, here.  With Edge, poke the top of the screen & the top bar is, STILL, there!  Address box, tabs, et al.  One, very, dumb thing with Edge C is completely changing the page for things.  Page didn't go Full screen, it, actually, changed from being the page AND with its top portion stuff (STILL, available).  It's the same, very, dumb approach as having ellipsis items using their own (different) page instead, of showing a panel and NOT leaving the page in use.

Anyway, what you have brought to the fore is utterly, totally, 100% unacceptable & absolutely no good!

Everybody, speak up and sign the petition ;) Make your voices heard & tell the Edge Team this Full screen approach is unusable AND should (Read: must), STILL, stay with the status quo!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Hi Drew,
I don't understand what you are saying, If you are in my favour or what? I think, either I'm being sleepy or my brain cells have stopped working, lol

@Deleted 

"you are saying you are in my favour?"

Yes, Hussain, I, very much, am!  Sorry, though it or I was quite clear & emphatic about that.  And, considering I even urged others to support what you had noticed & shown everyone.

Grab some sleep, mate ;)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

Grab some sleep, mate ;)

Looks like I have to, btw thanks for supporting, Let's see How edge community and developers respond to it?

@Deleted, Drew for the feedback.  I will bring it back to the team.

@Deleted  @Elliot Kirk 

I have reported this Full screen craziness to Mr Smiley :)  Everybody should! ( IMHO )  Saved heaps of words by pointing him @ this thread.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Good work, I did that too =)

@Deleted 

Hussain, I, also, just discovered this is not the only thread, in the Forum, about this issue (Read: flaw).  Maybe 🤞🏻, the Edge C Build Team will get the message, ASAP!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I know I am probably in a minority but this is one of the most significant features for me in the regular version of Microsoft Edge.

I use my PC with the taskbar on autohide as well and when you browse fullscreen, it makes every website look like a dedicated application. I wish with all my might that this feature gets implemented in the final version of Chromium based Edge.

@awaisfarooqroy 

Hi, 

I hide taskbar, too, but, aside from that... 

you want full screen without the top bars, if I have it right and it is doable. Actually, there are 2 ways. (1) F11 will both make it go full screen & reverse that. (2) In Alt+F hit the diagonal arrow.
F11.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

You have no idea how significantly you have changed my workflow with your reply. All the love and gratitude from my side <3

It might be difficult to understand but this was a VERY significant feature for me and I have just ditched Chrome today and moved to Edge!

@awaisfarooqroy 

@awaisfarooqroy wrote:
You have no idea how significantly you have changed my workflow with your reply. All the love and gratitude from my side <3

It might be difficult to understand but this was a VERY significant feature for me and I have just ditched Chrome today and moved to Edge!

That's very nice to hear, thank you <3