Subtitles Edge Dev

Copper Contributor

On Netflix, CC subtitles appear correctly but remain on screen until the next one, often for minutes at a time.

6 Replies

@Brian Wall 

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

We are aware of this issue. It seems to be triggered more while in full screen mode also.

Thanks for your patience while we take care of this issue,

Frank

@V-FRROME @Brian Wall 

I recently reported this using the smiley feedback and am still seeing this on Amazon Prime and Netflix. Some other sites don't have this issue even in full screen mode.

This is still happening today on Edge canary 77.0.230.0. It does not happen on Edge Legacy.

Is there any news on resolving this issue?

@ms4132 

I just tested Netflix with both Dev and Canary and did not seem to run into any issues with fullscreen or windowed with the subtitles.

Are you using any extension?

You might have to clear your browsing data as a possible fix, before thinking about reinstalls.

Type this into your address bar edge://settings/clearBrowserData 

clearbrowserdata.PNG

Thanks,

Frank

@V-FRROME 

Subtitles are working correctly on Netflix for me today. I am not sure what corrected it. I updated to Edge Canary 77.0.232.0. I also disabled the three extensions I use and removed the three flags I used. I enabled the three extensions and tested and it worked correctly. I then enabled the three flags one by one and it continued to work correctly. So I am not sure if the update or the disable/enable steps fixed it, but it is good to have it working correctly again on Netflix.

@ms4132 

Happy you got them working correctly.

Thanks for the update,

Frank

@ms4132 Yes mine is working now! I've not done anything so it must be the update.