SOLVED

Still wanna use current edge browser

Iron Contributor

I'd like to use current Edge after Chromium released.

Will be Edge uninstalled or be able to use like IE?

There are still bugs in chromium that I am waiting for fix... and it is too chromish. I like the design that edge has.

2 Replies

@TrueGame 

This is what is expected, this what some of us suspect is what will be...

That when Edge C goes non-beta & a non-Insider version is released, that will replace Edge.  It is, also, thought that Insider Build versions (or, at least, a Canary) will continue to be available after the GA ('public'/Official) release of Edge C.  The most likely thing we are expecting is Edge C with 2003 Win 10 Update Spring of next year.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

best response confirmed by TrueGame (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@TrueGame 

Hi,
It's very likely that the new Edge will replace the classic Edge.

some time ago there was a leaked Stable version of the Chromium Edge and it had the same Icon and logo as the classic Edge, it was on Microsoft's servers. that's another clue.

either way, there is a long time before Windows 10 build 20H1 comes out which is in the first half of 2020 and supposedly the replacement will happen starting that build.

I'm sure with the help of the community and feedbacks, the Devs will make it even better than the classic Edge.

the release of stable version of Edge chromium browser is not the end of development, it's just the beginning :)

Update:

Came across this video:

https://mybuild.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/77794

from Fred Pullen, he suggests that Edge classic and Internet explorer will be there in the OS for more compatibility and flexibility, (mostly for enterprises that are usually slow in adaptation), maybe as an on-demand feature , so only those who need it can active it. currently in Windows 10 insider build 20H1 Internet explorer is an on-demand feature, by that time Edge classic might become one as well.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TrueGame (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@TrueGame 

Hi,
It's very likely that the new Edge will replace the classic Edge.

some time ago there was a leaked Stable version of the Chromium Edge and it had the same Icon and logo as the classic Edge, it was on Microsoft's servers. that's another clue.

either way, there is a long time before Windows 10 build 20H1 comes out which is in the first half of 2020 and supposedly the replacement will happen starting that build.

I'm sure with the help of the community and feedbacks, the Devs will make it even better than the classic Edge.

the release of stable version of Edge chromium browser is not the end of development, it's just the beginning :)

Update:

Came across this video:

https://mybuild.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/77794

from Fred Pullen, he suggests that Edge classic and Internet explorer will be there in the OS for more compatibility and flexibility, (mostly for enterprises that are usually slow in adaptation), maybe as an on-demand feature , so only those who need it can active it. currently in Windows 10 insider build 20H1 Internet explorer is an on-demand feature, by that time Edge classic might become one as well.

View solution in original post