Splash Screen for Edge Apps

Bronze Contributor

Hello there,

I'd like to put forward the idea of having a Splash Screen for the Edge Apps. It would be a neat and fantastic feature to have in the browser.
To make things clear, if you run PWAs on your Android phone through Chrome or Edge, if you open the Web App, a Splash Screen appears with the favicon of the app and the name beneath it. Example: If you launch a Twitter PWA. 

It would be very nice to see a feature like this in Edge Desktop, not just for the PWAs, but also for any regular website which I install as an app.The Splash screen can display the favicon+ the name of the site, which would call for a great experience while launching the app.
:)

Thanks and Regards

2 Replies

@Rohit Yadav 

This looks like a very interesting feature. There is a flag that "Shows favicons instead of generic vector icons for URL suggestions in the Omnibox dropdown" in edge://flags. Flags are experimental though, but great to test certain features out.

Thanks for your feedback,

Frank

@V-FRROME thank you for the response....

The flag you suggested isn't exactly the feature I want. The Splash screen is like if you launch the old Edge, you get the Edge icon on it's startup. A similar approach can be followed for the Edge on startup, as well as the installed sites and PWAs with their site favicons appearing as a Splash screen, like the way it works on Android version of Edge...