Sorting favourites

Brass Contributor

Is there a way to auto sort favourites, i.e. alphabetically 

17 Replies

I also want to sort favorites

@Andypseymour 

Andy,

To not have Sort by name would be ridiculous!  Surely, it will be there, soon 🤞🏻.  Right now, a newly added item is put at the bottom of the list.  Then, one can pick it up & move it, basically, Drag-n-Drop, to where you want.  It's not Auto.  One has to know their ABCs.  Moral: Edge C is for strickly for the well-educated :owl:;)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

+1 to sorting favorites. Hope its just something not implemented yet. Then again other browsers have skipped this feature.

@Drew1903 yes, i am doing this currently, but even a manual sort feature would be nice.

@Andypseymour 

Hi Andy,

That is, already possible, doable in 2 ways.  You can grab items with the mouse & move them up & down.  OR you can go here ⬇ and do it.  (Ctrl+Shift+O)

Sort Favs.jpg

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew1903This is completely inadequate.  I am not going to alphabetize my favorites by individually moving them up and down.

@marvz8 

Hey, Marv, don't shoot the messenger.  I'm just answering a question with a current fact.  Was trying to be helpful informing about something that I did not design.  Please, use Feedback if you have a view or demand (Read: request/suggestion) to share with the Edge Chromium Build Team.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Andypseymour 

Already gave feedback via Help and Feedback to include (auto) sorting of favourites. I personally would prefer sorting by mouse right click menu i.s.o. of auto sorting. Currently use the drag and drop method, but this a pain.

I requested also for a favourite button with a pull down list of favourites i.s.o. or next to the favourite bar. The favourite bar consumes unnecessary screen space.

it was a long time before sorting was implemented in the original edge.  A free program called edgemanage by Emmet Gray solved the problem for me.  Not sure if he is updating the program for the new edge.   @zoeff50 

it was a long time before sorting was implemented in the original edge. A free program called edgemanage by Emmet Gray solved the problem for me. Not sure if he is updating the program for the new edge.

@zoeff50 

No way to do that so far, the hard way to do it,  is to export your favourites to other broweser like Google Chrome, easy to sort it there, then imported back to your Edge Chromium

@marvz8 

Also using EdgeManage for a quite some time to full satisfaction. With Edge-Chromium you possibly do not need EdgeManage anymore. Edge-C has a built in favourite manager which allows you to also make a backup of your favourites; exporting option. When sorting is included in Edge-C, you definitely do not need EdgeManage anymore. Sorry for Emmet Gray.

Andy,

Remember, can set Fav Bar to Never and, STILL, use Ctrl+Shift+B to show it when and while you need it and to then, re-hide it... So, it's not taking up unnecessary space all the time

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone
I know that, but that is not handy at all. Use 2 hands to press shift-ctrl-b, switch your hand to the mouse, scroll to the favourite if it is not visible on the bar, use 2 hands again to hide the bar...May be peanuts, but a favourite button is much much more handy...Mouse click and hold, move to the favourite, let it go, job done.

@zoeff50 

Not saying it shouldn't be.  Was merely offering a possiblity, at least, for now.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Sorting should be standard equipment these days imo.
Agreed and editing.