Show autocomplete from the address bar

Iron Contributor

My English is bad. Sorry!

I am still an IE11 user to the extent that I can for two main reasons:

1.- The management of the favorites

2.- Combo to display the last url written in the address bar.

The rest of questions, more or less I adapt to each browser. But until today I have not found any browser that meets my expectations. I want the new Edge Dev to be my future browser.

On managing bookmarks, there is a thread open in this forum (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Edge-favorites-menu/m-p/408478#M19). It would be interesting to do an extension for Edge Dev, with a bookmark bar similar to IE11.

But I have not seen anything about point 2. In IE11 it was called "Show autocomplete from the address bar". This arrow disappeared with the current Edge. Firefox maintains it, and Vivaldi has introduced it again (Vivaldi is also based on Chromium). It would be very interesting to be able to add it and also to facilitate eliminating those that do not interest separately.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------

Es español

Mi ingles es malo. Disculpas!

Todavia soy usuario de IE11 en la medida que puedo por dos motivos fundamentales:

1.- La gestion de los favoritos

2.- Combo para desplegar las ultimas url escritas en la barra de direcciones.

El resto de cuestiones, mas o menos me adapto a cada navegador. Pero hasta hoy no he encontrado ningun navegador que cumpla con mis expectativas. Deseo que el nuevo Edge Dev sea mi futuro navegador.

Sobre la gestion de favoritos, hay hay abierto un hilo en este foro (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Edge-favorites-menu/m-p/408478#M19). Seria interesante que se hiciese una extension para Edge Dev, con una barra de favoritos parecida a la de IE11.

Pero no he visto nada sobre el punto 2. En IE11 se llamaba "Mostrar autocompletar de la barra de direcciones". Esta flecha desaparecio con el Edge actual. Firefox la mantiene, y Vivaldi la ha introducido de nuevo (Vivaldi tambien esta basado en Chromium). Seria muy interesante la posibilidad de poder añadirla y tambien facilitar eliminar las que no interesen por separado.

Muchas gracias.

2 Replies

Thank you @ppnacho for you suggestions.  I have let the team responsible for the address bar know of your desire to have a most recently used drop down.  We have the ability to go to a site in your history.  For example, if you type 'for' you will be given an entry for these forums, because they are titled "Insider Forums".  It looks and acts very differently from the IE11 drop down though.

@Elliot Kirk 

Thank you very much for your reply!!

Sometimes it's the comfort of going to a specific url copied and stuck in a recent past without having to write anything. For me it also works as a quick access to some "favorite" pages without the need to make many clicks.

I understand that Edge dev is growing and will go to much more. I look forward to new improvements that will facilitate our navigation. I will always try to do my bit.

Thank you very much again!!

---------------
En español:

Muchas gracias por su respuesta!!

A veces es la comodidad de ir a una url concreta copiada y pegada en un pasado reciente sin necesidad de tener que escribir nada. Para mi tambien funciona como un acceso rapido a unas paginas "favoritos" sin necesidad de hacer muchos clicks.

Entiendo que Edge dev esta creciendo e ira a mucho mas. Espero con ilusion nuevas mejoras que nos faciliten la navegacion. Procurare siempre poner mi granito de arena.

Muchas gracias de nuevo!!