SOLVED

Send Feedback Smiley button opens Feedback Hub app in Application Guard Window mode Edge insider

MVP

Version 78.0.262.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) - still happening in Version 78.0.266.0 

Windows 10 build 18970.1005

in the normal Edge insider window it's okay and clicking on the smiley button opens the mini feedback section normally, but when i click on smiley button inside the application guard window, it opens the Feedback Hub app instead.

anyone else having this issue?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

I have filed a bug on this for you, @HotCakeX.  Thanks - Elliot

Hi, is there any updates?

it's been 1.5 months since I posted this and now I'm on
Version 79.0.308.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
Windows 10 build 19002
and the bug still exists.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! Please note that this behavior is by design for Microsoft Edge Application Guard. The Windows Feedback Hub App captures more diagnostic information related to various components used by Application Guard including Microsoft Edge. Please use the "Recreate my problem" option in the "Add more details" section while filing feedback. And thanks once again for trying out it out!
Oh okay, I had to ask because It was said before that the Feedback Hub app is not the place for feedbacks related to Edge insider but apparently it is if it's related to the Application guard, thanks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)