SSO issue with Slack on Azure AD joined machine

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

Our company uses Azure AD, and has integrated SSO with Slack enabled.

I am using Edge Beta version (tried with Dev as well) and login to Slack fails on my AAD joined machine with my AAD work account sync enabled profile. 

clipboard_image_0.png

Request Id: 0fdc5271-c48a-40d0-93aa-770bcfd09600
Correlation Id: 17a3aa02-838b-446f-a54c-f146921455ae
Timestamp: 2019-09-16T19:54:54Z
Message: AADSTS75011: Authentication method 'X509, MultiFactor' by which the user authenticated with the service doesn't match requested authentication method 'Password, ProtectedTransport'.

This error doesn't happen on -

• If the machine is not joined to AAD
  • If the edge user profile is not set to work account sync
  • Other SSO enabled site like Atlassian, Workday, etc.

My guess is that integrated SSO is not negotiating the allowed authentication methods correctly.

6 Replies

I have seen the same issue a few times, and again just recently when enabling a pilot of passwordless authentication.

What has resolved it for me was to edit my Slack SSO configuration, change the 'AuthnContextClassRef' and set it to 'Don't send this value'. Slack is sending a payload to Azure AD that isn't supported is my suspicion.

Capture.PNG

@tomanderson83 Thanks, I was able to fix my issue with that same instruction 

Thank you so much! You saved me a lot of time, how did you find that out

@cemsisman 

I can't remember, sorry!

@tomanderson83 
What implications are there for users that are still on-prem AD joined If I set it to 'do not send value' ?

@ks364 - great question because i just tested this.  it worked, but some people have issues as it passes their personal email instead of work email.