[SOLVED] Tab titles are so grey, almost invisible

MVP

UPDATE: problem solved in Version 76.0.151.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Edge Canary just got updated, Version 76.0.146.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

after update, tabs that are not active, their titles look so grey and i can barely read them. look at the attached screenshot

14 Replies

@HotCakeX   I have noticed the same on two PC's with Edge Canary 76.0..146.0.

@HotCakeX  I am having the same experience.

@HotCakeX are you using dark theme?  I am using the default theme and my tabs are still readable.

Capture.PNG

@HotCakeX I agree. Tabs without focus (background) are virtually illegible. I have to click on the Tab to read the text.

@Elliot Kirk 

Yes I use dark theme

This isn't related to dark mode, but this happens when you choose in the Windows Settings to use your accent colour on title bars.

@Paytime Agreed.  I am finding whether in Light or Dark mode, if Title bars and window borders is checked under Show accent color on the following surfaces, then the gray tab text is particularly difficult to read when Edge Canary is the active app.  Currently running version 76.0.147.0.

Show accent color -- Title bars and window borders.pngEdge Canary tab text issue.png

@HotCakeX, I just heard that the fix for this issue went in yesterday, and should be available in the Canary builds in the next day or so.

@Elliot Kirk Confirmed that it's fixed in Canary 76.0.151.0.  Thanks!

@gpshonik Much better!  Thank you!

Edge Canary tab text issue resolved.png

@HotCakeX I can confirm this is fixed in Canary 151. Thanks all!

@davequail I still succeed the same problem with the clear and dark subject activated in the 76.0.151.0 version.

Captura de pantalla (9).png

Captura de pantalla (8).png

What are your settings in Personalization>>>Colors?

@Ismael Martinez 

your screenshot is showing the right side of the Edge whereas the problem occurs on the tab titles which are on the right side. so i think you've confused something there..

the problem is solved for me with the latest update