Run as different user

Brass Contributor

When the new edge is run as another user using 'runas' command, I am running into issues with the user profile logging in or syncing.

2 Replies

@PNvmkpk 

I am not suggesting the following (necessarily) addresses what you have said, BUT,

It, may be offering an alternative method and lacking the issues you are seeing.

One can Add a Profile.  Then, easily, swap them.  Also, can run Edge twice (open 2 windows of it) with one (different) acc't in each.

Hey, just saying :)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 Yes, I understand there are workarounds for the issue. But I reported here so Microsoft knows the issue and will attempt to fix it. I want to see this new browser to be better than any other. I am ok with sync temporarily paused. If you go to the manage user settings page, it suggests to sign out and sign in again to resolve this issue. But if we try that, we will not be able to sign back in. I want to see the right messaging there.

I use a different windows account to separate work and personal stuff but sometimes I need to have both in one session. I primarily run Visual Studio using runas to open the other user's instance. Any web links I click on that instance will always open the browser from that user session. That is where I ran into this issue. If I were to open the browser directly, I can easily create a new profile and signin with the other microsoft account.