Revamped and Redesigned: Edge Settings page

MVP

The all new privacy dashboard

Annotation 2019-09-10 031045.png

here the sync options are reordered

Annotation 2019-09-10 032527.png

here a new option is added "Microsoft Account" which takes you to your Microsoft account in a new tab

InkedAnnotation 2019-09-10 031022_LI.jpg

Version 78.0.272.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

this is exactly what Microsoft has shown in What's Next page https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-next

now i wonder what is going to be next after this. because so far all the goals have been achieved! (Internet Explorer mode, Collections, Privacy dashboard) :)

20 Replies

I'm on the latest Canary - Version 78.0.272.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and I do not see this new dashboard. Is there a switch I'm missing?

@cjahn50 

It would appear to be another Controlled Feature Roll-out; since, regardless of being on 78.0.272, not everyone has this redesign, yet. (including you & me).  Share is another; still, awaiting that, though, some have it, already.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I believe it's a targeted feature.
I have no clue why they are doing it. even Google Chrome doesn't do this. their canary users all are united and have equal access to the features.

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for the reply. I don't get it either. Share I have, this I don't go figure... 

@cjahn50 

They only choose a small group at first and give them the feature, some time later they expand that group and allow more people to use the feature. the thing is, this is not really a feature, just a redesign, the features are the same, only their location and how they look is changed. nothing major like a change in browser engine or something like that.
they should let everyone use this new privacy dashboard.

@HotCakeX   

Other new changes,

Screenshot (189).jpg

Screenshot (190).jpg

Screenshot (191).jpg

Dennis5mile

This redesign is very elusive. sometimes it's there for me and sometimes it reverts back to the old design. not sure what is going on with it.

Yeah, I did not see any of this earlier either, but when I seen your/this post, I looked at my settings and sure enough there it all was..... really odd... lol 

I do have to say, I love these changes......

Dennis5mile

Maybe this forum post triggered it in your browser and activated it xD
anyway i hope you keep having it and it won't bail on you like it did on me
As Windows Insiders we experience the same sometimes with new Win10 features.

Cheers,
Drew
Of course, been an insider since the program first began ;)
you can read that how features are first introduced to a small group of people and then gradually expanded to the rest.
https://blogs.windows.com/blog/tag/windows-insider-program/

but Edge browser is different than the OS.
for Windows 10 insiders, Microsoft explicitly states in that blog post section which features are available and which features are unavailable.
we don't see such thing for Edge insider browser. they don't talk about these stuff. they don't even say how the test subjects are picked.
Although, only the presentation has changed not, the actual things offered.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

@Drew1903 

That's not really true,

@Dennis5mile showed multiple new options in this new design

the auto play blocking, the ability to turn off news on the new tab page and if we dig up, we might find even more new stuff.

@HotCakeX 

Yeah and on one of my computers I have "sync tabs" on the settings enabled but on the others, its still gray. Not really useful if you only got one syncing computer.

@cjahn50 

I'm still waiting for BOTH Share and the fancy new Settings pages.  Seems some have this & some have that or some... well, we get the idea, it's a cr@p shoot. :sad::xd: And some have had Share since what? 2 (Canary) Builds ago... heck, it's even in Dev now.... well, for some of us, that is :unamused:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

That really sucks. i hope they stop this soon

@HotCakeX 

These new designs appeared to me with the new Canary version (78.0.277.0), but I don't know for how much time... lol... Maybe it's still an A/B test

Yup it's still not available for everyone globally
sometimes I have the new design, sometimes I don't..

@HotCakeX 

Yeah, even on different devices, I have more stuff than I do on others, like sync tabs. Not much use if I don't have another device to sync to, or even other browsers.open tabs.PNG