Reporting: A Bug (?)

Silver Contributor

This may be a 'bug':

Set to not open New tab upon Start up.  However, both Dev & Canary, continue to open New tab not, the assigned site.

SU.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

4 Replies

@Drew1903 

Thank you for this information. Sorry there was no response sooner. It should be corrected now.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

Gabriel,

It will > the assigned page, BUT, only upon the 1st time the browser is opened.  Any & all openings, via any approach will open default New tab page.  Actually, Edge has the same behavior.  The distinction being Startup page vs New tab page... they are not the same thing which, is unfortunate they cannot be the same thing.  But, the way it is, now, Startup is literally something that just happens once... after that we get (default) NTP.  People specifying the Startup page probably would like the same to be the NTP, as well.  This would be a definite change from the past, but, sounds like Folks would prefer it.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 
To my knowledge, there is no plan to change the New tab Page.  I may be wrong and not fully informed as to the plans from the product team. I suppose if enough users request it, a custom New Tab Page, may be on the horizon.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

Yes ok Gabriel.  I, really, would doubt there is any such plan. It's been the status quo for a long, long, time.  Certainly, if enough wanted it, maybe, but, won't hold my breath waiting for that ;)  I will, admit, should not have suggested something was amiss as it's, actually, the 'norm'.  And, I found an extension in the Chrome store that gives me something that TO or FOR ME is an acceptable NTP.

Cheers,
Drew  
thVY64FD02.jpg