SOLVED

Redesign of Edge Pages

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

Don't you guys think that the Edge pages: Settings, Favourites, History pages need to be redesigned using the Fluent Framework which spans across the Windows 10 and other areas now? The UI looks pretty old school...

Just submitted as a feedback because the browser is still in its early stages. I am quite confident that the UI would be changed to match the design language across the Microsoft ecosystem...:)

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Thank you @Rohit Yadav, for your feedback, and keep it coming!

tf are you on about

The new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium (codenamed Anaheim) uses Fluent Design for it's settings, history, downloads and other browser pages (apart from edge://flags).

Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing? Microsoft is more inconsistent than Google with design. It's hard to say "Fluent Framework which spans across the Windows 10 and other areas".
1) You wouldn't say "the Windows 10". I'm telling you this as you may not be a native English speaker but it could totally be a mistake. I'm not trying to be mean at all. I fully understand :)
2) What's the Fluent Framework? Is that WinUI?
3) Not all UWP apps follow Fluent perfectly and I don't think they ever will. The new Edge isn't even UWP either.
4) Microsoft hasn't brought back transparency for win32 outside of XAML Islands as far as I know.

full discretion: I wrote this about 12 hours ago and am about to hit post
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Thank you @Rohit Yadav, for your feedback, and keep it coming!

View solution in original post