Put favourites on the left

Deleted
Not applicable

One of my frustrations with Edge to date has been an inability to put favourites on the left (or right).

Most people use their monitors in landscape mode, whereby height is at a premium and width is not.

Moreover, with plenty of bookmarks the space along the top is quickly filled, even if (where possible) names are removed, leaving only the icons. Many more bookmarks could be saved and visible simultaneously if down the side(s).

3 Replies

@Deleted 
That is an interesting idea, one thing you could try is having folders in the Favorites Toolbar, that will in a way have your Favorites on the left if the folder is the first position in the favorites list.

Gabriel

@Deleted 

I totally agree.  I stuck with IE for so long because you could put favorites on the left.  Most people browse in landscape, and having your favorites on the left not only allows you to see more favorites at once - instead of just a few in the "Favorites Bar" on the top - but it puts most internet content in the middle of your screen.  PLEASE bring back the option to put favorites on the left!

@Deleted   Why not set up Edge Chromium to give users a left/right choice, like Firefox does?  A simple click in a popout within the favorites sidebar (enlarged in the screenshot and moved the the middle for clarity) gives the user the choice to move from right to left.    And giving users the choice to set the sidebar to persistent, like both EdgeHTML and Firefox do?   

Firefox Favorites Sidebar Choice.jpg