Printing large PDF's only first couple pages print.

Iron Contributor

A coworker and I have been using Edge dev channel since launch to print large PDF's to a printer several times a week. we just noticed yesterday that it now only prints the 1st couple pages and then stops. It looks like it never sends the whole document to the spooler. I can then switch to Chrome and it prints fine. This is happening on the current release of the dev channel and both of our machines (windows 10 1903 and 1809). -Giles

3 Replies

Maybe it's a glitch in your current version of Edge Dev. Only thing I can suggest is to see if the issue also happens to you in Edge Canary and if so to report it via smiley face. I'm on Edge Canary, but I've always used Adobe Acrobat as my default PDF viewer/editor so I can't really test it out myself (plus I don't print PDF too much, mostly just save and archive PDF files for work). Good thing about beta testing is that you can see/test if one issue works or doesn't work in another version (Beta or Canary in your case). 

Hi @GilesBrule, this sounds like a real bug.  I will reach out to the team that owns PDFs and the one that owns printing.  Can you describe the PDF that you are having trouble with?  How many pages long is it?  What is the rough file size?  Does it contain user editable content?  What printer are you trying to print to?  Can you give us the driver information for that printer? 

If you don't feel comfortable posting these details in the forum, you can either DM me directly or open a support ticket using https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc, and you will be able to send the information in email.  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the Office for a bit. We are printing large (100-200 page) PDFs from web based point of sale reporting software. We print these two a Epson TM-C3500 Printer. It looks like it fails as it transfers the pages to Windows print queue for the printer. I have not tried using the system print dialog instead, perhaps that might help.