Print Dialog box for Microsoft Edge Chromium v/s Microsoft Edge

Copper Contributor

The "orientation" box has disappeared from Microsoft Edge Chromium. Why, did the programmers forgot about it. That selection is important so that your browser does not turn the page to Portrait when the page on the screen is in Landscape mode. WYSIWYG or WYSI'N'WYG. It is useful to have that functionality when you are print your files to .pdf format. I would advise to have more functionality in Chromium than stripping them off.Microsoft-Print Dialog Box, Edge v Edge Chromium.jpg

2 Replies

Hi @CyrusMD, I think that this has already been addressed in the latest Canary and Dev builds, at least for webpages.  This is what I see when I open the print dialog:

Capture.PNG

For PDFs, we are still working on the print dialog. In the meantime, you can always click the link to open the system printing dialog, which gives you access to the printing preferences, and can specify the page orientation there:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi @Elliot Kirk Elliot, thanx for your reply but if Microsoft Edge has that option how come it is not available in Microsoft Edge Chromium. I have been doing it the way you described but too many steps to print a file that is in a landscape mode. WYSIWYG does not equal WYSINWYG. I use Nuance .pdf driver to print because it is more versatile than "Microsoft Print to PDF".  Hopefully Microsoft will fix it. Microsoft has to go forward, not take steps backward and eliminate the options available in the new versions.

I will keep my fingers crossed because I have been waiting for a long time. It should be an easy fix but wonder why Microsoft will not add the orientation option while printing a pdf file.

Thanks for your reply Elliot.