Popular Browser Extensions

Iron Contributor

Edge Classic fans are not used to browser extensions, as the choice was scars to none. Some used to think, every feature must find way into the browser menu. This is NOT what Chrome fans admire - they are customization fans. Now both warrior armies are looking at the new Edge Chromium with hope to find a perfect web browser - fast, light, smart, customizable, major helper in daily tasks.

How would one change culture of Edge Classic users relying on internal features? Can we enrich and diversify browsing experience with Edge Insider right now through browser extensions? 

So in this thread lets talk about what's available out there - in Chrome and Edge Insider Extension Stores to begin with, as now we can install other stores extensions in Edge Insider. What are your favorite extensions and why? Please share your experience here.

3 Replies

@sambul95 

My short list of MUST HAVE category extensions is simple:

1. uBlock Origin

Sounds too short? But how efficient and light on resources this ads blocker is! There's a detail Blocking Modes guide for advanced users, and HowToUse Video for everyone.

Our next contender is VERY USEFUL category. So stay tuned, and share your extension choices here.

@sambul95 

So how about Very Useful category? Here the choice starts to split based on user interests and habits.

Given all inclusive nature of web browsing regardless of country or income, lets list some:

HTTPS Everywhere  (encrypt all traffic)

Enhanced-h264ify (watch Youtube videos on old PC)

The Great Suspender (keep browser RAM usage small)

Ctrl+Tab MRU (find and jump btw multiple open tabs easily)

What is YOUR set of Very Useful extensions? 8)

Hi,@sambul95 

Nice thread indeed!

my #1 on the fav extensions is also ublock origin (+ ublock extra)

#2 LastPass password manager

#3 Picture-in-Picture extension

#4 View image button for google image searches

I hope soon all of them appear in the Microsoft Edge addon store

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/