Pinning the Favorites?

Brass Contributor

I have 323 favorites that I have to work with. There might be others like me who have more than just a couple of favorites.

Edge used to allow us to pin the Favorites slide-in. This allows us to open a page from our Favorites list, yet still keep the Favorites list for further use. It eliminates a precision-movement and a click from the mouse, and also keeps where you were on your long list of favorites. If you had expanded a favorites folder, it also keeps that. All so handy!

"Pin favorites" can be a list item right above the current "Manage favorites" list item on the cascading menu:

clipboard_image_1.png

Or perhaps a double-click on the favorites button could get it pinned, an inconspicuous feature. Or, even better, both!

This was suggested in the Discussion #408478 a couple of times, but not in the original post, so I wanted it to have a discussion to itself to make sure it doesn't get overlooked. I will also note an idea I've seen there that I found cool:

• Unlike the one in Edge, pinned Favorites pane could be horizontally re-sizable.

Peace, out! I have disabled notifications, apologies.

1 Reply
Hi,
That sounds like a good feature, but have you tried pinning your 32 bookmarks to the bookmark/favorite bar?
you can then right-click on each bookmark in the bookmark bar and choose "Show icon only". it will let you put more than 32 bookmarks visible in the bookmark toolbar.
that area you showed in the favorites button is too small, it's like 1/8 of the size of the toolbar.