SOLVED

Pin to

Silver Contributor

@Elliot Kirk

I wanted this to go to David, also. 

7 Replies

@Elliot Kirk

Many forums have rules prohibiting to open multiple same subject topics to create false impression of massive demand. Because it creates chaos trying to conceal opposite opinions in previous threads on the same topic.

I think Edge Community mods should delete such topic duplicates without notice, and discourage users from flooding forum with same requests over and over without doing prior search.

No such thing had been done neither by intent nor design. Letting the Team know something is still pending sure as heck is not what you falsely accuse and berate.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from my Windows Phone

@Drew1903 

I don't believe its necessarily pending. There were some prior discussions about it with polarized opinions. If I wanted to ask about the status, I'd likely post in an existing thread with all opinions right these. Anyway, I assume Edge team suggestions list is rather intelligent.

Its not about speculating someone's intentions, but the proper order of running the forum by mods, so other users get familiar with all sides of the story and can productively contribute.

best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Drew1903 

Just letting y'all I have been informed this has gone from me to the Development Team.  So, hopefully we'll see it done, soon.  Somehow they hadn't noticed how things are in Edge; I showed them (w/ a snip w/ red circles); that was, actually, as per their request.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 I see that Pin to Desktop has gone, replaced by pin to taskbar.  This thread shows me why that happened.  I'm the rare bird who wishes it had been augmented rather than replaced.  I've been trying to work out how to homebrew "pin to desktop" now it has gone.

@RobertDammers 

Robert, no need for home-brewing.  Once Pin to start is replaced, if for some reason there's a want to pin to desktop it can be done from there, from Start.  Maybe, this will help get the point across.  Remember IE & EdgeHTML do not have pin to desktop, interesting. Start items (Rt Clk) do not have pin to desktop, not even in More, interesting.  Now, this ⬇ is looking at ALL Applications (same content as Start) including browsers, but, NO pinned sites are listed, interesting. AND, the Rt Clk for Pinning applications does not include pin to desktop, interesting. There are reasons it doesn't exist anywhere, Folks:exclamation_mark:  It's not supposed to be anywhere.  It's a matter of not indulging or catering to the notion of plopping stuff all over a  desktop... such usage is not by design or intent.  It is not the function or purpose of the desktop (obviously or it might, actually, be offered somewhere). Nor is it the definition of Pinning which, applies to Taskbar & Start or to Applications.  A pinned site is not an application; the browser is.

Interesting.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Once again I can't find the thread I wanted to use for this, but, this will do...  I saw people saying convert a site to an app thereby being able to pin that to desktop. No. Cannot be done.  Again, Rt Clk on any app, on Start or in the Applications window and there IS NO pin to desktop.  It sounds like people are confusing dragging something onto the desktop as a shortcut and that is not pinning. Pinning is somethings that applies to Taskbar & Start. Pinning is not throwing a forest of shortcuts on top on the desktop.  A created shortcut is not a pinned site (or app).

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Drew1903 

Just letting y'all I have been informed this has gone from me to the Development Team.  So, hopefully we'll see it done, soon.  Somehow they hadn't noticed how things are in Edge; I showed them (w/ a snip w/ red circles); that was, actually, as per their request.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post